A reminder that Mastodon and the Fediverse do NOT use cryptocurrency, blockchains, NFTs, tokens, coins, mining, web3 or anything like that.
Masto and the Fedi run on traditional servers and use a sustainable network federation model somewhat similar to e-mail (that's why Fediverse addresses look similar to e-mail addresses).
Also a reminder there are no venture capital firms or other investors either. No one owns the network, each server is independent. Masto and Fedi server running costs are paid by their owners, sometimes with donations from users.
No one is getting rich from the Fediverse, it is all volunteers with some getting donations and a few getting modest grants from foundations. Please remember this when you interact with admins or developers.
(There might be some individual users who post about cryptocurrency/blockchain, but the infrastructure this place runs on doesn't use it at all.)
Tl:dr - Decentralisation does NOT mean cryptocurrency/blockchain
european citizens' initiative for universal basic income,
for anyone that hasn't seen this:
there's an ECI for establishing universal basic income throughout the EU
if you're eligible to sign it (are an EU citizen) i urge you to do so
Things autism research could be about:
- How does autism radar work?
- Do we have an easier time communucating with other autistics because our ways of communication are similar, or because we've all had to learn to accomodate the people we're talking to?
- What can be done to prevent and treat autistic burnout?
- What even *is* autistic burnout exactly?
- What effects does masking have on your mental health?
- What autistic traits are actually traits of autism, and which ones are trauma responses?
- How is a non-traumatized autistic brain work?
- How can we better accomodate autistic people?
What autism research is about:
- How do we make the autistic people stop existing?
We only have 44 days and 634 tickets left for #MCH2022. Get your ticket now, because we don't expect them to last long!
Also, we heard your feedback and added a new option in the shop for those who need it. ❤️ Read all about it here https://mch2022.org/#/Blog/scalability-limitations-buy-your-ticket-soon-630-remaining
#MCH2022, Dutch hacker camp this summer, announced there are about 600 tickets left. There's also a more accessible set of discounted tickets (next to the custom discount/friends tickets)
I would like to (dis)prove something my transphobic father said.
#transgender people, did you choose a name that’s a diminutive of or sounds like your deadname?
Preferably boost for a larger sample size.
Please boost as a reminder to the many, many creators who design pins and flags for literally every other identity, for people who forget or don't know that we are failed by the medical system the instant we're born, and for the rest of our lives, again and again.
We go into the hospital and say we're cis or trans, because otherwise we WILL be refused treatment out of hand.
Intersex People Exist, and we have a place in pride.
• Eenhoorn 🦄
• Born at 356 ppm CO₂
• Not sure if hetero or bi or pan
• #ActuallyAutistic, very sure of that
Peetz0r on IRC, Github, Twitter and almost everywhere else really
Peetz0r's personal Mastodon instance.