>>>>> “If autism isn’t caused by environmental factors and is natural why didn’t we ever see it in the past?”
>>>>> We did, except it wasn’t called autism [ . . . ]
I wish Matrix was active enough and well-known enough that I could get local communities of non-tech people to switch.
A reminder that Mastodon and the Fediverse do NOT use cryptocurrency, blockchains, NFTs, tokens, coins, mining, web3 or anything like that.
Masto and the Fedi run on traditional servers and use a sustainable network federation model somewhat similar to e-mail (that's why Fediverse addresses look similar to e-mail addresses).
Also a reminder there are no venture capital firms or other investors either. No one owns the network, each server is independent. Masto and Fedi server running costs are paid by their owners, sometimes with donations from users.
No one is getting rich from the Fediverse, it is all volunteers with some getting donations and a few getting modest grants from foundations. Please remember this when you interact with admins or developers.
(There might be some individual users who post about cryptocurrency/blockchain, but the infrastructure this place runs on doesn't use it at all.)
Tl:dr - Decentralisation does NOT mean cryptocurrency/blockchain
european citizens' initiative for universal basic income,
for anyone that hasn't seen this:
there's an ECI for establishing universal basic income throughout the EU
if you're eligible to sign it (are an EU citizen) i urge you to do so
Things autism research could be about:
- How does autism radar work?
- Do we have an easier time communucating with other autistics because our ways of communication are similar, or because we've all had to learn to accomodate the people we're talking to?
- What can be done to prevent and treat autistic burnout?
- What even *is* autistic burnout exactly?
- What effects does masking have on your mental health?
- What autistic traits are actually traits of autism, and which ones are trauma responses?
- How is a non-traumatized autistic brain work?
- How can we better accomodate autistic people?
What autism research is about:
- How do we make the autistic people stop existing?
We only have 44 days and 634 tickets left for #MCH2022. Get your ticket now, because we don't expect them to last long!
Also, we heard your feedback and added a new option in the shop for those who need it. ❤️ Read all about it here https://mch2022.org/#/Blog/scalability-limitations-buy-your-ticket-soon-630-remaining
#MCH2022, Dutch hacker camp this summer, announced there are about 600 tickets left. There's also a more accessible set of discounted tickets (next to the custom discount/friends tickets)
• Eenhoorn 🦄
• Born at 356 ppm CO₂
• Not sure if hetero or bi or pan
• #ActuallyAutistic, very sure of that
Peetz0r on IRC, Github, Twitter and almost everywhere else really
Peetz0r's personal Mastodon instance.